Rules and Parameters for Best-selling Product Photos - Allegro for Sellers
Allegro is the largest online marketplace in Poland. It has over 16 million active users and offers a convenient platform for sellers to reach buyers. If you're selling on Allegro, it's important to have high-quality photos of your products.
Not only do good photos make your listings more attractive, but they also help you sell more items. This blog post will share tips on taking great photos for your Allegro listings.
We'll cover everything from lighting to composition so that you can get the most out of your product photos.
- You can upload max 16 images per listing. No restrictions on file weight.
- Required photo size - 2560 x 2560 pixels. You can upload photos with a maximum resolution of 26 Mpix on Allegro. We will proportionally scale photos with a side longer than 2560 pixels to fit 2560x2560.
- Photos can have any aspect ratio - a rectangle with an aspect ratio of 1:1, 4:3, 16:9, or others.
- You can use images in jpg, jpeg, and png formats. They also accept web format if you are exhibiting through an API channel or from a file.
- If you want to maintain full-color fidelity, do not use color profiles in the file other than the sRGB profile.
- After cutting out the background, the thumbnail is done at a size of 2560 x 2560px.
- Additionally, we recommend using JPEG or PNG format for your photos.
How to take the best photos for Allegro?
Taking great photos for your Allegro listings doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming. Following a few simple tips, you can ensure that your photos are clear, well-lit, and attractive to buyers.
First, make sure your camera is set to the highest resolution possible. This will ensure that your photos are sharp and clear when viewed on a computer screen.
Next, take advantage of natural light whenever possible. Set up your photo shoot near a window or in an outdoor area with plenty of sunlight. If you must use artificial light, try to avoid using flash; instead, use a diffused light source such as a desk lamp with a sheet of paper placed over it.
Finally, pay attention to the background of your photos. Be sure that there is nothing clutter or distracting in the frame behind your subject matter. A simple, uncluttered background will help buyers focus on the item you're selling.
There's no doubt that natural light is the best light for taking photos. But what are the best rules and parameters for using natural light to take photos for your online store? Here are some tips:
- Use diffused natural light whenever possible. Diffused light is softer and less harsh than direct sunlight, which can create unwanted shadows and highlights.
- If you're using a flash, make sure it points slightly upward, so it doesn't create a harsh shadow on your subject.
- Avoid taking photos in direct sunlight, especially during the middle of the day when the sun is at its harshest. If you must take photos in direct sunlight, try to do so early in the morning or late in the evening when the sun is not as strong.
- Make sure your subject is well-lit. Avoid taking photos of your subject with their back to the sun, as this will create a silhouette effect. Instead, position your subject so that they are facing the sun or have the sun behind them.
- Use reflectors to bounce light back onto your subject's face if necessary. Reflectors are great for filling in shadows and creating even lighting on your subject's face.
Clean, preferably white photo background
To take the perfect product photo, you need to start with a clean, preferably white background. This will make your product stand out and look its best. Here are some tips for getting the perfect photo background:
- Use a solid color background. White is ideal, but you can also use black, gray, or any other solid color.
- Make sure the background is smooth and even. wrinkles or creases in the background will show up in your photo and can make your product look cheap or poorly made.
- Avoid busy patterns or textures in the background. These can be distracting and take away from your product's appeal.
- If using a white background, make sure it is truly white. A yellowish or off-white background will give your product an unwanted "yellow" tint in the photo.
- Lighting is important when it comes to backgrounds. If possible, use natural light or diffused artificial light for the best results.
Use numbers and units of measurement
When photographing an object for sale on Allegro, it is important to include a clear and concise description of its dimensions. Use numbers and units of measurement that will be easily understood by potential buyers.
For example, if you are selling a piece of furniture, including the dimensions in centimeters or meters.
If you are selling a smaller item, such as a piece of jewelry, including the dimensions in millimeters or inches. By including the dimensions of your object in the photo description, you will give potential buyers all the information they need to make an informed purchase decision.
Use a tripod
A tripod is an essential tool for any photographer, whether you're a professional or amateur. It allows you to take sharp, clear photos without shaking or blurring. It's also great for taking long exposures and low-light shots.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using a tripod:
- Make sure your tripod is sturdy and stable. The last thing you want is for your camera to fall over and break!
- Use a remote shutter release or self-timer to avoid shaking the camera when you press the shutter button.
- Experiment with different compositions and angles. A tripod allows you to play around with your camera and get creative.
Other tips for taking good product photos
In addition to the tips already mentioned, there are a few other things you can do to make sure your product photos are of the highest quality.
- First, enlargement of fragments.
This is a very effective way to show detail and texture, but be careful not to overdo it. You want the viewer to be able to see the product in its entirety, not just a small part of it.
- Second, use props.
Props can help tell a story about your product and make it more relatable to your target audience. For example, if you sell children's toys, you might want to include a child in some of your photos.
- Finally, don't be afraid to edit your photos before posting them. A little cropping or adjusting the brightness/contrast can go a long way in making your photos look their best.
We hope that these tips on taking photos for your Allegro listings will help you take better pictures that will result in more sales. Remember to follow the guidelines and parameters outlined in this article, and most importantly, have fun!
Taking photos should be enjoyable, so don't stress too much about getting everything perfect. Just relax and let your creativity flow.